Home > Acts and Regulations
Page principale du site Web officiel de Travaux publics et Services gouvernementaux Canada
What are we doing?
Farm Products Council of Canada is responsible for administering certain federal acts and regulations.
Acts and regulations
Planned or anticipated changes to regulations (Forward Regulatory Plan or the Stock Review plan)
Farm Products Council of Canada publishes a public list, with descriptions, of planned or anticipated federal regulatory changes that Farm Products Council of Canada intends to bring forward over a 24-month period(Forward Regulatory Plan).
The Forward Regulatory Plan landing page includes a link to the Farm Products Council of Canadaâ€™s stock review plan, which is Farm Products Council of Canadaâ€™s plan to review its entire regulatory stock over a set period of time. The stock review plan includes:
- a list of the regulations that will undergo a review, prioritized in a way that makes sense to the regulator and stakeholders;
- a time frame for the review(s).
View the Forward Regulatory Plan at the following link: Forward Regulatory Plan.
How guidance on regulatory requirements is provided (Policy on Providing Guidance on Regulatory Requirements)
Farm Products Council of Canadaâ€™s Policy on Providing Guidance on Regulatory Requirements:
- outlines the commitments, practices and tools that Farm Products Council of Canadaâ€™s applies when providing Canadians and businesses with information and guidance on regulatory obligations to be met;
- identifies the conditions under which written responses to questions will be provided.
View the Farm Products Council of Canadaâ€™s Policy on Providing Guidance on Regulatory Requirements at the following link: Policy on Providing Guidance on Regulatory Requirements.
Number administrative burden requirements in regulations (Administrative Burden Baseline initiative)
The Administrative Burden Baseline initiative requires departments and agencies to:
- establish a baseline count of federal regulatory requirements that impose administrative burden on business;
- annually update and report publicly on the count of baseline requirements.
View the number of administrative burden requirements in regulations administered by Farm Products Council of Canadaat the following link: Administrative Burden Baseline count and annual updates.
Frequently Asked Questions â€“ Regulations
The Frequently Asked Questions are meant to provide Canadians and businesses with basic information about all of the regulations that Farm Products Council of Canada (AAFC) administers directly. View the Frequently Asked Questions at the following link: Frequently Asked Questions â€“ Regulations.
For more information
All of the Government of Canadaâ€™s acts and regulations can be found on the Justice Laws website.
Consult the following for links to the Cabinet Directive on Regulation and supporting policies and guidance, and for information on government-wide regulatory initiatives implemented by departments and agencies across the Government of Canada:
To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit: